Easy Apps: Paige's Balsamic-Strawberry Bruschetta
Recipe slightly modified from allrecipes.com
Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 slices Italian bread or French baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, and diced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus extra for garnish (This recipe would also be good with rosemary).
- 1 cup room temp goat cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat vinegar in a small skillet, simmer until reduced by half (about 8-10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and toast lightly in the oven for about 3-5 minutes. (If you like super crusty bread let them toast a bit longer, but I like mine to be softer. Crunchy = crumby mess in my book)
- Combine sliced strawberries, thyme, cooled balsamic vinegar reduction, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread goat cheese on to the toasted bread, then spoon the strawberry mixture on top.
- Garnish with additional thyme and serve.